Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Dancing Dream



I was destined to have a body capable of dancing. Because of this I was given a very huge challenge in life. I would never have a ballerina’s body – my inherited body type was wrong. I was short and well built and the more I danced the more my legs developed. I was the butt of jokes with some family members which led to a poor body image. I rebelled over a very silly thing in ballet – I was one exam away from being able to train as a teacher but left never to return.
The music was in my blood however, I played musical instruments and enjoyed dancing at parties. I wanted to learn ballroom and Latin and again proved talented but again rebelled when I couldn’t dance competitively with my best friend who was my partner of choice. I think he also gave up at that time. When I got married my husband had only one interest in life and it was not dancing – it was boozing -I didn’t beat him or join him. After the divorce I pined to start dancing again and tried out a few socials but I was too shy to mix with people so pulled out.
I met a guy, had a relationship and he also was not interested in dancing when that broke up I lost weight and started dancing in earnest and have now started teaching ballroom and Latin dancing.
This favourite thing makes me very happy!!!!!
My partner is my best friend – the first to celebrate and the first to commiserate. Extremely supportive of me. We have fun together and share a love of opera – I like Rom Coms he likes Sci-Fi. We like intelligent cop programs, we love mystical series and a good old fashioned musical speaks to our heart!
I have met some absolutely great people at dancing. The not so nice ones either become better or drift away. My life would be empty without my dance friends. When I need it I am surrounded by a cocoon of comfort. When I need it I get spoken to like a Dutch uncle. Our classes are filled with love, fun, frustration and support! My teacher and Mentor believes that we gather the people in as we need them and they need us to further our plan in life.
My dancing lessons give me exercise, peace and well being. If I start a lesson feeling down, I soon spark up!
Since starting to dance I have become more spiritual.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting learning about where your passion came from. We can always dance our way out of misery and unhappiness!

    ReplyDelete