Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 March 2014

Sinfonia Experience – Day 6 – 27th February.



I am eating too much! Our day travels from one meal to the next with alarming rapidity!


Day 6! The end is too close. Back in the cabin we have luggage strips, everyone whispers disembarkation as if it were a dirty word. I am not a happy chappy. I am eying the ship from a new perspective. Where can I stow away? At the moment Cristen's cabin seems the best solution but I will keep looking.


I did some walking, some dancing (Latin mix – it was fun), some working and some chilling on my back in my air conditioned cabin with my eyes closed – not sleeping I hasten to add (if you believe that…)


Dinner tonight featured a walk past of all the dining staff. Once again we were told we couldn't order dessert because it was a surprise. Then the lights dimmed and the waiters and assistants walked into the restaurant bearing plates of baked Alaska topped by a candle. The music for the march past (in typical Italian style) featured various marches from operas staring with the March of the Toreadors from Carmen and ending with the Triumphal March from Aida.


Most of the nights Cristen reserves the first two rows of the left side of the theatre for the children. They attend most of the shows. They generally walk in to the theatre in single file with their hands on the shoulders of the child in front – looking for all the world like a giant centipede. Tonight they provided some of the entertainment. They were led on to the stage and did a little dance to Gangnam style. It was too cute. Some were very serious, some were having a ball and one poor little girl was staring at the audience in frozen horror, being buffeted backwards and forwards by the line of participating children.


The main show was the magician. Some interesting tricks and a new slant on some of the good old favourites.


The bad weather continued - even my sheltered haven deck 6 did not afford me too much pleasure. The wake from the ship thundering into the ocean's waves.

 Back in the cabin disembarkation took a front seat as the programme tomorrow suggested we attend Stephen's disembarkation talk in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment