Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 September 2013

Thoughts



As the work day was drawing to a close and people were making their way home a sword descended and severed the thread that held 22 people to their life in the Pinetown district. In a matter of seconds thousands of people were affected. Some horrifically so and others held the thought "There but for the grace of God…" in their minds.


I have been touched by a similar tragedy. Only one person was involved but that one was my daughter. It was a long time ago but I can still feel the horror and the sense of helplessness and I can empathise with all who were personally affected yesterday.


Life is tenuous. We need to take every second of every day and live it to the fullest of our capabilities.
 
One of my Facebook friends took a decision at the beginning of September to post something positive each day. Kudos to you, Lorinda. In this vein I would also like to thank all my FB friends who delight me, make me laugh and make me think. You show me that life is wonderful, life is a mystery and life is for living.

I was going to name you all but that would take too long and I would be sure to forget someone. Just know that I love and appreciate your posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment