Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 September 2013

Lose a kg a day

Yep thought that would get your attention!
It's really quite easy IF you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and the 'lurgy likes the look of you. Look I said it was easy I did not say it was pleasant.
Friends said "You must eat." "Can't I just lie here and whither?" were my thoughts. My mother asked if I had Brandy. I said "No and even if I did I would not have it. I don't like it and I don't want it." Her reply was "Sometimes you have to do things you don't like." I am very grateful that she doesn't drive anymore otherwise she would have been pounding on my door ready to force, through my clenched, virtually teetotaller teeth her cure all.
Mind you that might have helped explain the weird dreams. I am convinced that we have lost a top selling surrealist novel. Two of the "dreams/visions" that I do remember involve two gentleman of my acquaintance. Case One - a quiet, unassuming teetotaller turns into a raucous, belligerent drunk. Case Two – a shy, unpretentious guy becomes an obnoxious lout. I see something like a cross between "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" and "The Rocky Horror Show". Too bad the world will never see it!
Well day 6 draws to a close. Days 1 and 2 disappeared in murky high fever. Days 3 and 4 had me feeling like a wet sock. The upside is I had lost 4 Kg. Days 5 and 6 had me tottering around achieving little but sleeping lots. Can't wait to see what day 7 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment