Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 November 2013

2013 Thisability Deep Expo



Last night I received an invitation to participate in the 2013 Thisability Deep Expo to be held on the 2nd and 3rd of December to be held in the Durban City Hall. 

This Expo is the brain child of Musa Zulu, an author, an artist and a motivational speaker who has turned his disability following an accident into an ability. I heard him speak at the annual speech night held at New Forest High School. I took my courage in my hands to approach this humble man. He is as quietly inspirational face to face as he is on the stage. He accepted my (cheeky) invitation to my book launch.

Those of you who read my posts know that the time I spent at Durban's Open Air School was a life changing experience which lead to me completing my novella, "Full Circle" (to be launched towards the end of this month at Exclusive Books Westville). This novella will be displayed (together with my other books and material from my publisher) at the expo.

The purpose of the expo is to open doors for those citizens who have had to overcome physical obstacles just as Musa had to do. There is a mine of talent out there, Musa is helping to pave the way.


I am very excited to be included in the expo and can't wait to report back in this blog!

To learn more about Musa and his initiatives please visit his web site:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment