Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 September 2021

Pennies from Heaven

I was standing in a field when I was inundated with money flying down all around me. In surprise, I stretched my hands out to grab onto the endless supply that heaven had sent me. Excitement was rising in my breast. My eyes sparkled. I began to feel an element of greediness climbing into my soul.

Money had never been important to me, so why did I want to grab onto as much as I could?

The money was forming a thick carpet around my feet as more and more rained down on me. As I looked up, there seemed no end. Notes were stuck on my head and my shoulders.

I had a sudden urge to roll around in it. I dropped to my knees. I scooped up handfuls and flung them all up into the air, laughing as they tumbled back down. I dropped into the pile, rolling around in it. I lay on my back and made “money” angels.

A voice came from far away. “Barbs, what are you doing? Barbs!”

Something was nudging me. Slowly I opened my eyes.

“Barbs that must have been some dream! You were rolling all over the place laughing.”

Oh, dear! Back to reality! How sad.

3 comments: