Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 November 2020

Random Nonsensical Right Brain Thoughts

I didn’t realise that you could smell sunlight. Suddenly today the realisation hit. We all know that we can smell rain but sunshine??? No way! Yes way!

As I walked in the garden I was aware that everything smelt different, better than it did yesterday when it was raining. I was also aware that everything was clearer, but I have known that my whole life. I was now enamoured with the fact that I was smelling sunlight.

So what words can I use that will help you smell sunlight? It smells clean. It smells fresh and the light reflecting from surfaces smells like pine and yet there are no pine trees anywhere around.

It is a smell that makes me want to run around touching plants, touching surfaces.

Sunlight – it brings light. It brings brightness. It brings positivity. It brings hope.

And it brings its own clear, fresh smell.

 Free picture: sunshine, nature, dawn, road, landscape, forest road, shadow,  tree, green grass

1 comment:

  1. As most know I write using my Right Brain. I also run Zoom sessions on a Saturday (late) morning encouraging people to use their imaginative side and get rid of the analytical side of their brain. The writing sessions are free and fun. Nothing we write is stupid and no one is critical.
    Sometimes your right brain presents you with weird thoughts – please see attached piece.
    But all is fine, all is good and all is fun!
    Contact me if you want to escape the mundane world for 40 minutes on a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete