Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 August 2020

John Masefield loved the sea

 

As I sit on the beach I close my eyes until I am surrounded by the sounds of the waves crashing on to the beach. The sound is rhythmical and takes me with it. Crash…Sssshhh as it recedes. Suddenly the sound is disturbed by joyful barks. I open my eyes to see what has dared to come between me and the story that the waves are trying to tell me.

It is a young Alsatian who seems to be equally enthralled by the waves but whereas my thoughts were very personal and self-contained, this young dog wants everyone to hear his joy. He is quite funny. As the wave crashes to the beach he barks and darts backwards and forwards. As he reaches the wave he snaps at it and then darts away and seems surprised by its retreat. He leaps and bounds at it only to be surprised by the next wave as it gathers momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment