Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 December 2018

How did it happen?


How did it happen? When did it happen? Why did it happen? Where can we lay the blame? America? Well they seem to be leaders in most things so the blame will normally sit with one of their people. Some say Dr. Spock? I don’t know. I just know that I don’t like where we are right now.

We have to watch our words in case we offend someone. But wait does that apply to all of us? Or only to some? There used to be a phrase – thick-skinned. That had nothing to do with colour or nationality or gender. It meant that we were able to take words and not allow their meaning to disrupt our lives, not to allow them to make us seek retribution either physically or in a court of law.

We have to be careful as there are too many people around who have no respect for the law and the safety of the normal person. We can’t even really trust our police force – the people who are supposed to be there for our protection.

The criminal and law breaker has become immune – crimes are committed in full view of witnesses. Often the criminal will not even bother to cover their face. You can no longer be safe if you are careful you may just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I feel sorry for the children who are led into crime by their caregivers – they don’t stand a chance.

I feel sorry for the youth growing up in this day and age. I feel sorry for parents who have to have a vigilance that I never had to have.

I congratulate the people who can grow up and grow normal in this crazy world of ours and I hope that somehow somewhere they will lift their voices and help set this world straight again.

I'm glad that my youth took place in a safe, warm, nourishing environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment