Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Style


I have my own fashion style. I am not one to be dictated by common trends and I have never been.
Now that I am old I can see through all this hype about style and the latest fashion trends. All you are doing when you follow this style is to line someone else’s pockets while possibly making a fool of yourself.
Todays trends seem to be manipulated by supposed big name in show business. It seems hedged in by crudity – the more skin you show the better it is - but woe betide any man who gets turned on by it and attempts to take it a step further.
And men what is this with prancing down a runway in some scrappy clothing that a few years ago would have had you the laughing stock of the whole community – all in deference to fashion.
Style is something innate. Style is something you are born with or not. Style is something that makes you stand out no matter what you are wearing. Style can be learned but can never be imitated.
I have honed in on one meaning of style. The website www.thefreedictionery.com  gives 19 definitions – knock yourself out and learn some new meanings of he word style.
© Vera Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment