Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 July 2016

Bells




In my head the bells are buzzing.
Mentally I reach in and extract one
I pull it and shape it until it has the sound I want.
When I’m done I fling it in the air
it sits on the overhead wires like a strange bird.
The right ear is reluctant to part with its timpani but Have it – I must
Again stretch it - squash it  - sound it
and when it is good up in the air it goes.
As soon as it reaches the first they start a tag team of sounds –
first one and the other.Vying with one another
Extract, stretch, shape each one is becoming easier
Soon an orchestra of bells are tingling a  well known melody.
I need a calm one – one to send me to sleep.
Jay knows just what I need  - ah there it is......
Thank you Jay – The music maker
© Vera Alexander
4 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment