Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 December 2015

New Year


What comes to my mind for New Year?

New Year resolutions? Nah! Gave those up many moons ago.
Overindulgence? Nah! Why? You feel yech and then spend weeks trying to shed.


In South Africa a new year (for teachers and pupils) marks the start of a new cycle. A new class, a notch closer to Matric or retirement. An opportunity to start with a clean slate – but I no longer teach.

For some it marks a salary increment but not for me. My pension increase kicks in in April.


So why should I celebrate New Year? It is after all just another day.


And then with blinding clarity it hit me. Medical Aid starts from scratch! I have found MY reason to celebrate.


Now with that tongue in cheek comment may I wish every one of my friends who did not celebrate their New Year in September, a happy and successful 2016. Forget about those resolutions – they won’t survive but feel free to make permanent lifestyle changes to suit you. Try to make yourself the important one in 2016. I am going to take many horizontal life pauses and not feel guilty.


Lots of love

Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment