Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 September 2014

To Tat or not to Tat



 I saw the following post on facebook and ir inspired me to write what follows



I do not tat but my daughter and granddaughters do. My daughter is the most caring mother I have ever met. Generalisations are the things that come out of mentally challenged individuals who need to learn that peace comes at a price. That price is DO NOT be judgemental. No-one is forcing you to tat - it's your choice. It is my family's means of expression. My daughter's husband will not tat but cheers her on from the outside. I love my family. I love their intrinsic being - far more than a foible which they may or may not later regret. When I gave my children their skin - I gave it. They need to be happy in their skin. It belonged to me for about 9 months and then it was all theirs – within reason until they were considered old enough to make decisions.

One day I was invited to a party for a friend's mother. I turned the corner and nearly bolted. The girl standing in front of me had mainly blue or black skin and many piercings. She greeted me gently and as the party progressed I realised that I had met a genuine quiet spiritual person who would rather rip her toe nails out if it meant saving an animal or person from distress. I learnt a good lesson that day – Don't make quick judgements based on the appearance of the person in front of you.

I rejoice in jeans and baggy shirts – no make up – probably looking a bit of a slobbut I am  happy. I enjoy a long bath in the mornings – the most important part of my day – the scenes in my novel that are tricky or when I have painted my story into a corner – I lie back and let the water surround me and new characters appear, new situations that will get me out of my jam unfold. My mind and my body have had a good wash and have become energised.

No comments:

Post a Comment