Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 December 2013

Crazy day in the middle of the silly season!



Today! When I got up I thought I had all the time in the world to get of to Greg and Allister's home by 1. Mom needed Lotto tickets. Pick mom up get the tickets take her home. Just doing some computer work and writing and my silence is shattered by a whatsapp message from my daughter. Cristen says she is off duty from 12 to 1 today and can see you.

A little bit of adjusting to be done. One big one is Does mom want to see Cristen. – Yes she does so next call to Greg can I bring mom? Gorgeous Greg says NO Problem! AND can I pitch ½ hr late? Also fine!
Off to the shop for Lotto checking and buying. As we getting into the car Cristen phones. 
"When are you guys coming?" 
"We are leaving New Germany now – gives us 30 minutes!"
"Cool!" says my girl.

We get to the harbour and All I can think of is "Follow That Ship!" – Not so easy! Thank heavens for lovely personal lining the route and steering you in the right direction.

It was just an hour so we didn't manage to get on board but we chatted up a storm in the stormy wind conditions. I watched the clouds scudding by a quite a pace. A helicopter came in to land - the wind was skewing the tail around making it difficult to land, she introduced us to quite a few crew members who helped her settle and look after her. We went in to try to book a 7 day cruise – her treat! For her mom, dad, sister + sister's bf, gran (that's me!) and great gran. I am viewing it with a bit of trepidation!

Then off to our lunch. Lovely company! There was Di and Di and Greg and Greg (no I wasn't seeing double!) Allister, mom and I. 3 friends stretching back in time and two new friends + the dog population and the FOOD! Oh Greg! First the table was creaking and Then I was creaking (and growling weird noises!) the orchids adding an exotic ambience!

Your dogs are so well behaved and are excellent guard dogs.

Guys! Thank you for the island of fun in amongst the rest of the things that happen in the silly season!

No comments:

Post a Comment